Monday 13 February 2012

PhD processing

ok.... so I'm not very good at blogging.... or 'journalling' etc. but I suspect that now could be a good time to use it as a motivator. So I'm going to record the latter stages of my PhD process as a sort of therapeutic measure. And of course, as a way to limit procrastination (the idea being that I will be more likely to move forward with writing if I publicly share what I am doing). I have watched several friends/acquaintances going quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) mad while engaged in all of this. To counteract this potential madness I'm trying everything to 'dance' my way through it as my friend S would say. If you want a beautiful and accurate description of the writing process try reading the tiny but brilliant book "The Unstrung Harp" by Edward Gorey . This was given to me by me stepdaughter E yesterday - a timely and beautiful gift that prompted me to try blogging again.

http://www.amazon.ca/Unstrung-Harp-Edward-Gorey/dp/0151004358

Today the plan is to finish drafting the results section of Chapter 4..... more on my progress tomorrow.

1 comment: